The Green House: experience circularity
- Client R Creators
- Location Utrecht
- Status Delivered
A fully reusable pavilion with circular business case and operation The municipality of Utrecht chooses phased development for the station area. As part of the Rijkskantoor De Knoop project, in the period of 3 months, consortium R Creators built a hospitality pavilion that can be totally reassembled. Reuse of materials and prefab elements enabled the rapid construction. The pavilion is the prime circular meeting place: reduce, reuse & recycle.
The Green House: a sustainable, circular property development project in the centre of Utrecht. For 15 years and a day!
The Green House is an impressive example of a project involving an integrated approach to a circular building with social circularity, materials, energy to business models.
• Application of sustainable energy, bio-based or fully recyclable materials
• Usable materials and energy from waste or by-products
• Extend the lifecycle of products through repair, upgrading and resale
• Using sharing platforms, ensure an increase in the use of products
• Pay for use or result of a product (pay for use)
• Limit material use and energy consumption
As a meeting place for circularity, centrally located in the heart of Utrecht next to public transport hub Utrecht Central Station, The Green House aims to attract anyone who wants to enjoy or be inspired by the circular economy, either in a professional or private capacity. The pavilion aims to stimulate circular ideas with a special experience of hospitality, (flexible) workplaces, urban farm and innovations. Albron (Facilicom) will make the operation circular, based on reducing waste and energy and water consumption. Could we even achieve a 'plug-free' kitchen in the future?