Working alongside suppliers on sustainable projects
New partners have joined the Sustainable Supplier (Duurzame Leverancier).
Together with suppliers, the initiators and partners of Sustainable Supplier want to prove quickly and effectively that projects and processes can be done more sustainably.
For clients, proven sustainability is a must. Achieving this demonstrability is exactly what the Sustainable Supplier offers its members. To do this, LCAs (Lifecycle Analyses) are performed on a project or process. Their quality depends on the measures adopted. To demonstrably increase the quality of LCAs, the Sustainable Supplier makes its entire database of CO2 reduction tools available to its 3,500 members. The database is part of the renewed website.
Green Silence Wall in Beverwijk
The new website was officially launched on 20 February during a meeting of the Sustainable Supplier. As a specialist in weather, climate and sustainability, Weerman Reinier van den Berg from Meteoconsult explained the importance of sustainability for our planet.
About the Sustainable Supplier
The Sustainable Supplier is an initiative aimed at stimulating and facilitating sustainable business operations. The initiators are engineering consultants Movares, Strukton, Sweco and Antea Group. In February of this year, Arcardis, Witteveen+Bos, Fugro and RoyalHaskoningDHV also joined this initiative.
The Sustainable Supplier offers:
- Platform for businesses (and government services) that want to produce sustainably
- Sounding board sessions and chain initiatives with various themes
- Transparency index (database) of sustainable companies
- Sustainable business operations scan (CSR/CO2/Innovation)
- Database of CO2 footprints of companies
- Carbon calculation tool, a CO2 footprint tool according to the GHG protocol